Cape York Fishing Adventure
6 Day Roko Island Adventure
Cairns to Cairns
Located near the tip of Cape York, we have the unique opportunity to fish three different areas: The north east coast of the Gulf of Carpentaria, the Torres Strait and the eastern tip of Cape York coast. We fish some of the most pristine rivers, coastline, and nearby coral fringed islands. Cape York offers anglers the opportunity to chase some of the world’s best sports fish including Barramundi, Mangrove Jack, Spanish Mackerel, Grey Mackerel, Mackerel-Tuna, Long Tail Tuna, Coral Trout, Queen fish, Giant Trevally, Golden Trevally, Fingermark, Cobia, threadfin Salmon and much more, all in one location!
Glamping on Roko Island: Experience an exclusive private tropical island stay at an affordable price and discover what the Torres Strait islands have to offer. On Roko Island simply relax and get mesmerized by the beauty of the surroundings, with the Torres Strait as our front yard and Cape York as our back yard. We are 20 minutes boat ride from Seisia Wharf and 10 minutes from Punsand Bay. We have convenient access to Thursday Island and we are about half an hour by boat from The Northernmost Point of Australia. Did you ever dream of waking up on a tropical island, having breakfast with an ocean view, walking down the jetty to board your fishing boat and few minutes later, throwing a line in? Come and stay with us to experience all this!
Our Eco Tents – offering accommodation of 4 single beds per tent (4 to a room) and have shared bathroom facilities, Solar power lighting in each tent, with power points (240V low power use only), Linen & bath towel provided, Tea & coffee making facilities (available at the dining area), Access to most parts of the island and the two jetties, Fishing gear available for day use, Fishing off the jetty
This is a true back to nature fishing adventure in a pristine part of Australia.
Price + Inclusions
|Cape York Fishing Adventure||Price per person|
|6 Days – Quad Share (4 to a shared tent)||from $2,995|
Our package includes:
- Return flights – Cairns to Bamaga with Rex Airlines
- Return transfers – Bamage Airport to Roko Island
- 5 nights in Roko Island’s Eco Tents
- 4 full days of fishing (8 hours per day)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included (alcoholic drinks can be purchased and organised in advance)
- Fully qualified skipper / fishing guide for each boat
- “Madfish” our 7m Custom built Haines Hunter powered by a 175hp 4 stroke Suzuki
- “Jaws13” our 7.5m Kevlacat powered by twin 140hp 4 stroke Suzuki
- Fishing gear and tackle can be provided at no extra cost (*conditions applies) but we recommend that you bring your own equipment and tackle.
Based on Minimum group – 4 guests