Head of Bight Whale Watching
3 Day Guided Journey
The Head of Bight is renowned as one of Australia’s most spectacular whale watching sites. With the backdrop of the spectacular Bunda Cliffs, pristine beaches and accessible viewing platforms, the Head of Bight offers a unique opportunity to view up to 120 Southern Right Whales as they frolic in the waters of the Great Australian Bight Marine Park.
Take to the ocean on a 2-hour Whale Watching and Wildlife Cruise off Point Fowler. Set among the stunning beauty of rugged cliffs and sand dunes, you’ll have the opportunity to spot whales, dolphins, sea lions, NZ fur seals and Little Penguins.
Get another perspective, taking to the skies on a scenic flight over the Head of Bight and the Nullarbor. Enjoy a four-wheel driving adventure, explore stunning national parks and discover an iconic outback roadhouse on the Nullarbor.
Company owner Hassie has called this part of the world home for 25 years, and he will share his knowledge and unrivalled passion for the region with you. This is a place that takes our breath away every single time we visit and watching passengers experience this natural wonder for the first time, is one of the best things about doing we what do!
- See up to 120 Southern Right whales at stunning Head of Bight
- Enjoy a wildlife cruise in the Great Australian Bight Marine Park
- Feast on the premium produce of ‘Australia’s Seafood Frontier’
- Experience the vast outback and wilderness of The Nullarbor Plain
- Get your heart racing on a four-wheel driving adventure
- Take to the sky on a scenic flight over the Head of Bight (OE)
- Walk along the stunning and footprint-free beaches of the Eyre Peninsula
You will be transferred from your Adelaide accommodation by private vehicle to catch your short flight to Ceduna. Your guide will greet you and give you an overview of what amazing things are to come. Start your journey by exploring beautiful Denial Bay, where you’ll learn about the oyster industry and sample some fresh produce. In the afternoon get a little adventurous doing some four-wheel driving at Davenport Creek. Back in Ceduna, check into your Spa Villa with views over the ocean, and enjoy some more local produce for dinner.
Day 2: Great Australian Bight
This morning it’s up bright and early to take in the jaw-dropping beauty of the Head of Bight and Bunda Cliffs. Stand on the ‘Edge of Australia’ at an awe-inspiring coastal lookout. Visit the Head of Bight Whale Centre to learn about these incredible creatures. Have a bite for lunch as you breathe deep and take in the in magic all around you.
From the sea to the air, next, we highly recommend the Optional Extra of the 45-minute Scenic Flight over the Great Australian Bight. Spot many more whales from above, as well as the vast outback of the Nullarbor. This afternoon you will discover an iconic outback roadhouse and caves along the Nullarbor.
Pop into a country pub for a beer and yarn with the locals, before heading back into Ceduna for another relaxing meal.
Day 3: Ceduna to Adelaide
Enjoy breakfast on the foreshore before heading to Fowlers Bay to board a two-hour Whale & Wildlife Oceanic Cruise. Witness the magnificent spectacle of Southern Right Whales sheltering with their young and often see other wildlife such as humpback whales, dolphins, sea lions, little penguins and birdlife.
Back on land enjoy lunch and some more whale watching from the foreshore and in the afternoon stop at Penong to hear how the town became home to so many windmills. Next, we’ll make our way along iconic “Watermelon Ave” to the world-famous surf break – Cactus Beach. Be wowed by the endless deserted white sandy beaches of Point Sinclair.
As your tour draws to an end, tantalise your taste buds one last time at our pop-up seafood restaurant, enjoying some seafood and local wine overlooking the ocean.
Then it’s time to return to Ceduna and catch your 5.20 pm flight to Adelaide, with your airport transfer having you back to your accommodation at around 7 pm.
Price + Inclusions
|Head of Bight Whale Watching||Price per person AUD|
|Small Group (max 7)||$2,295 pp|
|Private Tour (2-7 pax)||$2,950 pp|
|Private Tour Single Traveller||$4,845|
Departs: Every Tuesday between 01 July-31 October 2021/2022 .
- Flights – Adelaide to Ceduna return
- Accommodation – 2 nights in a 4.5 Star Spa Villa with ocean views
- All entry fees, national park fees and activities unless stated as an optional extra
- All meals and beverages
- Airport transfers
- Transport – executive 4WD
- Local guide and expert knowledge
Optional Extra Experiences:
While everything on our tours is included in the price, there is one optional extra experience on this tour that we leave up to you to decide if you would like to do. You can add this to your cart when booking.
Please keep in mind; This tour is operated by a third party and separate to Xplore Eyre. Therefore, the terms and conditions of this operator applies. Weather can play an important part in the operations of this tour and occasionally a tour may be cancelled which is beyond our control. If that is the case, you will be provided a full refund.
Head of Bight Marine Park Scenic Flight – $275 per person
(Operates July – Sept & has a min 2 – maximum of 3 people)
Get a whole new perspective of this incredible landscape taking a 45-minute scenic flight over the Head of the Great Australian Bight and outback of the Nullarbor.
- Flights are operated by Rex and depart Adelaide at 10 am and arrive in Ceduna at 11.30 am. Flights return from Ceduna on day three at 5.20 pm and arrive in Adelaide at 6.45 pm.
- Rates are based on Twin/Double Share. If you are on a group tour and travelling solo, you need to pay the Single Supplement rate for your own room.
- Private tours require a minimum of two people or a Private Tour Single Traveller rate applies.
- We recommend storing some luggage at your return accommodation in Adelaide as Rex has a 15kg luggage restriction per person plus one 7kg carry-on. For more details on Rex Baggage Allowance, please visit their website.
- Dietary requirements can be catered for but must be advised at time of booking.
- Our tours require a minimum of two people to operate, and in the unlikely event, we only have one person confirmed we have some other options available. Firstly, a Single Traveller fee is offered to run the tour with only one person. Secondly, we reserve the right to cancel the tour and arrange an alternative operator (if possible). If the alternative is not suitable, we will refund your tour price in full.
- Changes to Itinerary: Our experienced guides will tailor activities on seasonal conditions throughout the year to maximise your experience and enjoyment. Any deviation from this itinerary will be made with serious consideration and passengers’ best interest and safety as our number one priority.
- Please Bring: Personal belongings, rainproof jacket, walking shoes, hand sanitiser, water bottle, hat, and sunscreen.
- Please read our full Booking Terms & Conditions before booking your tour