Mt. Kilimanjaro Climb (Machame Route) – 8 days (6 day hike + 2 nights at Base hotel)
The Machame route offers some of the best scenery ascending from the western side of Kilimanjaro and descending down the south face. All tents and camping equipment are portered for you with meals prepared by cooks.
Price + Inclusions
|Machame Route – Cost per person||Twin Share||Single supp||Solo climber||Park fees|
|01 January – 31 December 2020||from $US 1,380||from $US 45||from $US 1,860||from $US 1,120|
Note: An additional night can be added to this package to make a 6 day hike (additional cost).
- Return airport transfers from Kilimanjaro Airport
- Pre- and post-night accommodation at Keys Hotel on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis (Machame Route)
- Gear storage at Keys Hotel for duration of hike (the stuff you don’t want to take on the hike such as your swim suit, safari clothes etc)
- Transfers to/from Kilimanjaro National Park Gates
- Service of experienced Kilimanjaro registered head guide and assistant guides during hike
- Porter service (hiker’s baggage weight limit 12kg)
- Climb briefing before the hike in Moshi
- Guide and porter fees as stipulated by Kilimanjaro National Park
- National Parks Mountain rescue fees
- Government tourist tax
- Three meals per day on the trail prepared by a seasoned Kilimanjaro cook
- Accommodation in communal huts on the hike (inclusive of a mattress, cutlery, and crockery)
- Water during the hike (boiled for consumption and washing)
- Portable oxygen for emergency use
- Pulse Fingertip Oximeter
- Detailed itinerary and Kilimanjaro hike information pack
- Kilimanjaro certificate issued by Kilimanjaro National Park post-hike (if you reach Stella Point/Gilman’s Point or Uhuru Peak)
- International and domestic flights, taxes and and visas
- Personal travel, medical and baggage insurance
- Any items and services not featured on the itinerary
- All services and items of a personal nature such as drinks, telephone calls and laundry
- Tips, gratuity to driver/guides and porterage – approximately $US $180 – 200 pp for 6 day hike and $US $200-220pp for 7 day hike.
- Equipment rental
Itinerary Terms and Conditions:
Considerable care has been taken to compile the information on our website and pricing shown is based on twin share, low season travel and the current exchange rate at the time. All pricing on this website should be used as a guideline only. Contact The Africa Safari Co. for the most up to date prices.